For all of the newborn sessions that I offer: these take place in the comfort of your home so that you don’t have to worry about going anywhere with your tiny baby (just getting out of the house for that first doctor’s appointment can be an ordeal).
1. Mini Newborn Session – I only photograph the baby (or babies in case of multiples) and it takes about one hour. Pros: short session saves time and money, gets all of the details you want to remember about your baby. Cons: doesn’t include family, especially parents; some moms don’t feel like being in front of the camera right after birth, but it’s important for your child when they grow up so they can remember how much you loved them when they were born.
2. Full Newborn Session – I photograph the baby with their parents and any other immediate family members (such as older siblings) and it takes typically between 2 and 3 hours. Pros: everyone that matters most in baby’s life can be photographed too, more session time = more photos! Cons: most expensive session I offer and can be very time consuming
3. Lifestyle Session – The goal of a lifestyle session is to document the details of your newborn and their family in their new environment, especially in the nursery or in another beautiful location in your home. Pros: more casually structured session, can include family members, less expensive than a full session Cons: less time than a full newborn session, no iconic newborn poses
4. Fresh 48 – this session takes place in the first 48 hours of a baby’s life at the hospital or birthing center. Pros: captures the first days of your baby’s life, can include family Cons: Mom may feel exhausted after giving birth or during recovery
5. Maternity – take photos of your baby while they’re still in your belly! Even though we can’t see your baby yet many moms love to capture their baby bump in all its glory. Pros: remember what it felt like to be pregnant Cons: some moms may feel uncomfortable, either physically or psychologically (I’ll do my best to help with both aspects!). This session takes place at an outdoor location so we may be subject to inclement weather.
Ready to choose? Email me! Or learn more about pricing by clicking the services tab above.
This blog will feature new parent advice, what to expect when working with my business, as well as an ongoing series about safety when interacting with newborns
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies